A while back I came across the cutest little diffuser I have ever seen. Meet Elodie. I quickly joined their kickstarter campaign and shared it with my followers on social media as well.
(this post contains affiliate links of which I may earn a small comission if you purchase through my links at no extra cost to you. All opinions are my own honest thoughts)
I then waited a looooooong time for them to be developed (one of the not as fun sides to kickstarter) but at the end of last year it was finally ready! I have loved having this little diffuser in my home, and wanted to give an update after having it for almost a year.
I actually had someone ask me about it a while back and I thought it would be really good to share my completely honest opinions, the good and the bad about this sweet unicorn.
I will start by saying we have been using essential oils and diffusers in our home for about 4 1/2 years. I have tried about 5 different diffusers in that time. One thing I have learned is that no diffuser is perfect (at least none that I have tried) I have tried, Young Living, Now, and Smoko brands. One of my young living ones broke and the second one is starting to sound a little strange like the fan might be going out. My Now diffuser has been pretty reliable, it is not as finicky about the water used and moving it around, but it does not diffuse for as long as the Smoko Elodie diffuser.
I will start with the pros of the Smoko Elodie Unicorn Diffuser:
- It is just soo cute! I always bring her with me when I do craft shows and get lots of people asking about where to find one.
- She runs a looooong time! She has a timer so that you can set her for shorter amounts of time, but I like to just let her run as long as she can, which is many many hours.
- She has lots of fun colors she will shine which allows her to double as a night light
- She has a usb port and you can plug her right into your laptop while working. I think that feature is really cool and have used that at craft shows.
Now time for the cons, and yes there are some cons:
- The lid is crazy tight. It can be hard for me to get it off. (I will say that I was told they have fixed this problem since the first batch, and when I contacted them about it they said they would send me a new lid free of charge!)
- If I move it from one room to another it will often start diffusing and then shut off after about 5 seconds. (I have always been able to get it to come back on by opening it and wiping around the inside base) I’m not sure if it just gets something blocking an important piece or what, but I have seen this to be a common complaint. I’ve never had it remain like this, but it can be annoying when you don’t want to mess with it.
Overall I will say even with those cons it is still the one that I choose to use around my house first. The cuteness and long running time always have me forgiving her shortcomings 😉 I am hopeful that they have resolved the problems mentioned since I had one of the very first batch.
If you want to give her a try you can order here.
If you are new to essential oils, or wanting to get started using them I highly recommend Young Living. Their oils are really high quality and have worked really well for our family. Here are a few that we use on a weekly basis.
We use thieves to help boost our immune system and fight off germs when anyone in our house starts to feel a little under the weather.
Christmas Spirit just smells sooo good for the fall and holidays!
Digize is rubbed on our tummys if anyone complains on their stomach not feeling well after eating.
R.C. has been really helpful for coughs, and my oldest sons asthma. I just rub a little bit on the soles of their feet.
I personally love the way copabia smells. I use it in a roller for back massages for my hubby.
And last but not least, lavender. We use it for burns, bug bites, sleepy time and soo much more. We use lots of other oils as well, but these probably get the most love around here.
If you have any interest in trying out some essential oils I’m happy to help you out with any questions. They have been a big blessing in our home and I hope they can be in yours as well.
This is a link if you are interested in signing up to get young living products at a wholesale discount under me specifically. If you have a close friend or family member that sells young living oils I always encourage people to sign up with that person, but if not I am happy to help you get your oils 🙂
I would love to hear from you. Do you have a diffuser, or oil company, or just an oil that you love? I’m always looking to learn more and try new things, so let me know 🙂